Wednesday, October 24, 2007

NFL Power Rankings - Week 7

1. Indianapolis Colts
I don't think they'll overlook the Panthers this Sunday. They're just too well coached.

2. New England Patriots
The Washington defense should be able to slow down their passing offense for a few minutes or so.

3. Dallas Cowboys
Is it just me, or is there a huge drop off from 2 to 3?

4. Green Bay Packers
The Packers are in for a tough matchup this week against a Denver team that doesn't lose too often at home.

5. New York Giants
I'm starting to think that they may be the best team in the NFC right now. I think most people were off on their predictions for this team.

6. Pittsburgh Steelers
I'm not sure what happened to the defense this week, but I wouldn't expect too many more performances like that. I think Mike Tomlin may be my favorite head coach.

7. Washington Redskins
Not quite sure how they won this weekend, but good teams find ways to win.

8. Detroit Lions
Another team that found a way to win. They weren't able to pick off Garcia, as I predicted, but watching him fumble twice was close enough.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars
This team won't go anywhere without David Garrard.

10. Carolina Panthers
We'll get a chance to see what this team is really made of when they take on the Colts this week.

11. San Diego Chargers
I don't expect this team to lose too many more games.

12. Tennessee Titans
I'm glad I had Rob Bironas on my fantasy team.

13. Baltimore Ravens
I'm pretty confident this team won't make the playoffs. Maybe McNair will spark them when he returns.

14. Seattle Seahawks
My theory that Shaun Alexander is only as good as his offensive line is starting to look more accurate by the week.

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Even with over 400 yards of total offense, they only managed to score 16 points.

16. Denver Broncos
After taking a look at their schedule, I think this team is going to squeak into the playoffs.

17. Kansas City Chiefs
I'm really not quite sure how this team has 4 wins, making them a dark horse wildcard team.

18. Cleveland Browns
Derek Anderson may be this years biggest surprise.

19. Arizona Cardinals
Anquan Boldin is a stud when he plays. I'm saying that because he is on both of my fantasy teams.

20. Houston Texans
Whatever hope the Texans had to sneak into the playoffs just faded away as Rob Bironas' 8th field goal passed through the goal posts.

21. Chicago Bears
If they manage to beat the Lions this weekend, they are right back in the thick of things.

22. New Orleans Saints
I was expecting a more convincing win over the Falcons this weekend.

23. Philadelphia Eagles
Things are not looking good for the Eagles.

24. Cincinnati Bengals
That was a big win against another team desperate to win, but their defense still sinks.

25. Buffalo Bills
Every week, I'll probably just mention how much I like Trent Edwards. I'll also throw in that I wish the Lions drafted him in the second round.

26. Oakland Raiders
They definitely are no longer the worst team in the league.

27. Minnesota Vikings
Tarvaris Jackson is absolutely awful. I've only been saying that since the first time I saw him play.

28. San Francisco 49ers
I guess I'm confused how this team took a turn for the worse. Alex Smith better bring his A game.

29. New York Jets
I didn't expect this team to be as good as last year, but I know no one thought they'd be this bad.

30. Atlanta Falcons
They're still fighting, but it will be an uphill battle all year long.

31. St. Louis Rams
It just keeps getting worse and worse.

32. Miami Dolphins
The team had one bright spot this year and his name is Ronnie Brown. I think you know the rest.

1 Comments:

At October 24, 2007 11:35 PM, Blogger Mike Forster said...

The Lions are a little high, don't you think? According to your rankings, we've beaten the 27th, 26th, 21st and 15th best teams. I think we belong in the 12-15 range. We've won all the games we should have, and I think a reasonable prediction would be an 8-8 record. Good seeing you at the game, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counters
Free Site Counters