Friday, October 05, 2007

Fall Premiere Thoughts

Just a quick look at the season/series debuts that I watched over the past week or so:

1. Reaper (Tuesday, 9:00, CW)
Reaper is a show with a fun premise that actually works out pretty well. A slacker finds out that his parents sold his soul to the devil and now has to help bring escaped souls back into Hell. Some of the comedy was hit or miss, but the characters help hold it all together.

Rating: 3.5 (out of 5)

2. Cavemen (Tuesday, 8:00, ABC)
This is possibly the most talked about show, but for the wrong reasons. I had to see how bad this was going to be, and to be honest it was nowhere near as bad as it should have been. It's not that funny or original, but there have been many worse shows on television.

Rating: 1.75 (out of 5)

3. Carpoolers (Tuesday, 8:30, ABC)
I haven't seen a show this horrible in a long time. Sure, I don't watch a whole lot of TV shows, but this one is simply awful. I won't be surprised if this is cancelled by the second episode.

Rating: 0 (out of 5)

4. The Office (Thursday, 9:00, NBC)
NBC's comedy kingpin is back for a fourth season and the season opener definitely delivered. A charity run for Rabies is brilliant enough to make an episode good, but all of the other office drama is what makes the show much better than most of it's competition.

Rating: 4 (out of 5)

5. My Name Is Earl (Thursday, 8:00, NBC)
Jason Lee is back and better than ever as the show now features him in prison. Most shows would use this as a desperate attempt to get people to watch the show, but Earl finds a way to make it clever and intriguing.

Rating: 4 (out of 5)

6. Pushing Daisies (Wednesday, 8:00, ABC)
Definitely the best season/series debut of the year. This reminds me of an adult version of a Roald Dahl fairy tale and it is brilliantly executed. I hope that the rest of the season lives up to the series debut.

Rating: 4.5 (out of 5)

7. Desperate Housewives (Sunday, 9:00, ABC)
I've never been a fan of watching TV on Sunday nights because of football, and as a result have missed out on shows like The X-Files and The Simpsons. When this show debuted a few years back, I decided to take a chance on this show, and I'm glad I am, although I do miss it often due to football and wrestling. This year's debut was very strong featuring many new storylines that are sure to keep this season interesting.

Rating: 4 (out of 5)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counters
Free Site Counters