Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Things That Rocked July

Here is a look at 5 things that rocked July:

1. Disneyland/California Adventure
No trip to southern California is complete without stopping by the original theme park Disneyland. The park has a timeless feel and it still may be the greatest park in the world. I was lucky enough to ride the brand new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, which is a new take on an old classic. It's a definite must-ride for any fan. The underrated California Adventure park is also a must see. Featuring favorites such as the Tower of Terror, California Screamin', and It's Tough To Be A Bug, I'm not really sure why this hasn't caught on quicker. Just wait until Toy Story Mania is finished.

2. San Diego
This was the first time I actually stayed in San Diego and I instantly fell in love with the city. I took my first stroll through the Gaslamp District and it possibly is my favorite downtown area I have been to. The San Diego Zoo was fantastic as always, despite not seeing the kiwis again. We also got to see the Padres at Petco Park, which is a top notch facility. The fish tacos were delicious.

3. "Young Modern" by Silverchair
Forget what you think you know about Silverchair and purchase this album immediately. It is a definite candidate for album of the year and quickly soaring up my favorite albums list. This band has come a long, long way.

4. Wireless Internet
I finally have wireless internet in the house and within about 10 miutes of having it, I became addicted. I can now download games off the Virtual Console for my Wii and play Tetris against people from all over the world on my DS. With each passing day, I become more and more of a nerd.

5. "Bargain Basement" by Aquatic Zoom
With drummer Justin off to Florida for the next 10 months or so, the Zoom made a last minute effort to put their jams out for the world to hear. The end result is 37 minutes of non-stop pleasure featuring jams ("My Favorite Bass Player Is Me", "Too New For Words", "Silence Is The Sound"), insanely catchy pop songs ("Fourteen", "Precious Time", "Running Backwards"), and crowd favorites ("Mammon Metropolis", "Figure Skating In Singapore"). If you would like to find out how to pick up a copy of the album, e-mail us at aquaticzoom@gmail.com.

Also, check out www.myspace.com/aquaticzoom for a free preview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counters
Free Site Counters