Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Tool Box Five (For Fighting) For 8/6 To 8/12

1. Highlander: Best Movie Ever Made
While Talladega Nights was no Anchorman, it is a high calibur comedy that was enjoyable all the way through. It seems as if audiences are agreeing, the film has already racked up over $90 million in under two weeks.

2. Trivia Time
During the weekly Raw ritual, we had a WWE Trivia contest, hosted by Justin. Dave made a great showing, but I was able to edge him out in the end.

3. Forward Down The Field
It was great to be back in section 246 again (even though I did attempt to move seats) to watch my hometown heroes, the Lions in preseason action. I was impressed with our offensive execution and a little worried by the play of our secondary. We have another 3-4 weeks or so to keep on working towards defeating the NFC champions on September 10th.

4. IFL
Things started off with a bang at this years IFL draft and as always, there was never a dull moment. Well, except for maybe Michelle. My team is once again awful and I expect to be in about the same draft position next year.

5. Congrats
Congratulations to Marc and Amy on getting married. Best wishes to you both.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Mike Forster was the highlight of the wedding evening. Pounding drink after drink until he was the life of the party, Frosty got more action on the dance floor than anyone I've ever seen. Thank you for keeping Dave and I amused all night long, buddy.

1 Comments:

At August 20, 2006 11:05 PM, Blogger Mike Forster said...

No problem, I'm glad that I was amusing. I was just happy I made it home with my wallet, cell phone, and part of my dignity (albeit not a very big part)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counters
Free Site Counters