Sunday, June 25, 2006

Booking Vengeance

Since there hasn't been a post in a month, I figure no one reads this now. So I officially can do whatever I want and since Vengeance is tonight, I'm going to go over how I would book the show.

1. Johnny Nitro vs. Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin for the Intercontinental Championship
This could be a solid opener that would benefit from the opening match heat. The real feud here is between Carlito and Benjamin, so the best decision would be to build for a (ladder) match at SummerSlam. For the ending, I'd have Carlito about to pin Nitro, Melina distract the ref, Benjamin hit Carlito with the belt and get the victory. I'd give this match about 10-15 minutes of time.

2. Kane vs. Kane
This match is most likely to build to a longer feud and will be pretty lousy. I'd give the real Kane some early offense, but allow the evil Kane to dominate the rest of the match. It would leave to some sort of "big finish" injuring the real Kane and resulting in a disqualification. I wouldn't give this match any more than 8 minutes of time.

3. Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair
Being that this is a 2 out of 3 falls, this has potential to steal the show tonight. With that in mind, I think it would benefit from being the third match. I would allow Foley to score the first pinfall after some sort of technical maneuver. Flair would of course win pinfall number two, possibly as a result of the figure four. Then the third fall would be won by Flair as a result of disqualification after Foley gets frustrated and goes back to his hardcore ways. This would lead to a hardcore match at SummerSlam. I'd give this match somewhere between 30-40 minutes of time.

4. Eugene vs. Umaga
From a potential classic to a definite waste of time, Umaga should dominate this squash and win in under 3 minutes. Next.

5. Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle
After being beaten at One Night Stand, Orton will get his revenge on Angle, although it will be through cheating. I would have Orton have brass knuckles to knock out Angle and get the victory. I would give this matchup about 15 minutes.

6. John Cena vs. Sabu
Vince wants to keep both of these guys strong in their brands, so this should be a back and forth matchup. I would have Sabu setting up for the camel clutch then get a surprise attack from the Big Show, setting up the Big Show as a monster heel in ECW and giving Cena the win. I would give this match about 15 minutes.

7. D-Generation X vs. Spirit Squad
The crowd will eat up the nostalgia with the new DX and it will most likely be a main event squash. Mr. McMahon will get involved, giving the Spirit Squad a few minutes of dominance, but D-X gets the clean victory. I would give this match about 15 minutes.

8. Rob Van Dam vs. Edge for the WWE Championship
This is a refreshing main event and should be a solid matchup. Both guys have been on a roll lately, so both will look good in this matchup. Having two titles on RVD just doesn't make sense, so Edge will get a well-deserved second title run tonight. This match should get 20-25 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counters
Free Site Counters