Sunday, May 07, 2006

NBA Round 2 Playoff Preview

Since I wasn't that far off on my Round 1 predictions, I figured I'd give Round 2 a shot.

(1) Detroit Pistons vs. (4) Cleveland Cavaliers

The Pistons need to wake up and play like they did in game 5 in order not to get shocked by Lebron James and company. James is definitely good enough to win at least one game against the Pistons and it seems like his supporting cast is starting to play better, giving them at least one more win. However, the Pistons experience will definitely give them the edge, and I really see no way the Cavaliers can shut the Pistons down 4 games.

Prediction: Pistons 4-2.

(2) Miami Heat vs. (3) New Jersey Nets

We got to see the Heat start to fall apart in Round 1, only to get their act together for the final two games of the series. The Nets on the other hand, were able to beat a very capable Indiana team fairly easily. Shaq has not had the consistent monster games that one would expect him to have in the playoffs, and if that trend continues, the Heat may be watching the third round on television.

Prediction: Nets 4-3.

(1) San Antonio Spurs vs. (4) Dallas Mavericks

The Spurs surprised me by actually losing to the Kings. Was that just them taking their opponents too lightly or are they not as strong this time around? We'll find out very soon as the Mavs seem to be as good as ever. However, year after year, Dallas seems to be hot and finds a way to lose everytime in the playoffs. Even though I think the Spurs are the second best team in basketball, I see them losing this series.

Prediction: Mavericks 4-3.

(2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Los Angeles Clippers

In my other preview, I listed the Clippers as the darkhorse, and I would not be the least bit surprised if they were to win this series. However, I think the Suns have awoken from their deep sleep and are ready to score 105+ points this series. The Clippers have been impressive, but when Steve Nash, Shawn Marion, and crew are on fire, they're hard to beat with an average defense.

Prediction: Suns 4-2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counters
Free Site Counters