Friday, January 20, 2006

Brandon's Playoff Week 3 Preview

Last week was as unpredictable as I expected, leaving me at 6-2 for the playoffs thus far. However, with the Colts and Patriots eliminated, I feel that this is the first time in awhile that there have been 4 teams left that I feel are all capable of winning the big game. I waited an extra day just to make sure that I wasn't jumping to conclusions with my picks, and after sleeping on it, I'm sticking with my picks that I made after the games on Sunday.

Pittsburgh Steelers at Denver Broncos (Sunday, 3:00)

Now I know that I didn't pick either of these teams to make it here, but that doesn't mean I doubted their abilities. Denver has been as consistent of a team that there's been this year. They came out of one of the top divisions in football and there's no reason they can't win it all. However, I feel that the Steelers are peaking at the right time. Despite Denver being 9-0 at home so far this year, the Steelers are bulit for the road. We're all aware of how well they run the ball and how aggressive they are on defense, both key ingredients to winning tough road games. Big Ben has proven he can win games with his arm, but this time I think it's going to be the running game. I feel that both Willie Parker and Jerome Bettis will have solid games, forcing Jake Plummer to beat him with his arm. Pittsburgh has been the darkhorse of the playoffs, and I see them on their way to Super Bowl XL.

Predicted Score: Steelers 23, Broncos 17

Carolina Panthers at Seattle Seahawks (Sunday, 6:30)

In the summer of 2005, a friend of mine questioned who could stop the Philadelphia Eagles. Even though, at the time, the Eagles were my favorite to represent the NFC again, I quickly responded with the Panthers. Once T.O. became B.O. in Philly, the Panthers were my pick for the NFC. The Seahawks have been spectacular this season, there's no questioning that. Their defense has become a solid unit and Matt Hasselbeck really has made great progress. Shaun Alexander is the MVP of the league, but he can be stopped. Last week, if the Redskins had a more potent offense, they really could have stolen that game in Seattle. Well this week, they are playing a team that has a guy by the name of Steve Smith. Steve Smith is THE best receiver in football. Yes, I mean that even when Randy Moss and Terrell Owens are playing their best. Smith is the most exciting player in football and deserves a second shot at the Super Bowl.

Predicted Score: Panthers 30, Seahawks 20

That's it for this week. I'll be back in about 2 weeks for a Super Bowl XL preview.

2 Comments:

At January 23, 2006 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u were way off on the panthers game, and u spend your time making wrestling databases, thats brutal

 
At January 29, 2006 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this site is terrible pop culture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counters
Free Site Counters