Thursday, January 31, 2008

Movie Review - There Will Be Blood

After weeks of anticipation, I finally had the opportunity to see There Will Be Blood. The hype surrounding this film is mostly involving Daniel Day Lewis' performance and there is no question that his performance is most definitely one for the ages. However, what hasn't been mentioned as much is how wonderful both Paul Dano and Dillion Freasier are as well. The film is both bold and powerful, all while Lewis gives one of the greatest portraylals of a villain that I can remember. This is insanity at it's finest and once again proves that Paul Thomas Anderson is one of the greatest directors of this generation.

Rating: 4.25 (out of 5)

Although I am technically not qualified to give my opinion (I have only seen 3 of the 5 nominated pictures) , I will go ahead and give it anyways. This would be my selection for Best Picture by a slight margin over No Country For Old Men and most definitely over the overrated Juno.

Paul Thomas Anderson Movie Rankings
Punch-Drunk Love
Boogie Nights
There Will Be Blood
Magnolia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counters
Free Site Counters